Monday 30 June 2008

Injection Party

For a different kind of family outing, we decided to get ourselves vaccinated (thanks Liz for the tip), so we trotted to TanTockSeng Hosp - Travellors Clinic.
After a quick consultation - the nurse was really efficient, going through all the kids' vaccination records from diff countries, and ticked off all the jabs we need - a total of 14 injections plus a blood test for the 5 of us... whooppie! Yes, 3 of each of us, with my oldest son getting only 2, and my wife getting the icing on the cake - blood test. "lucky" her....

Now, the kids were surprisingly not all that excited about this, when my wife mentioned it the day before (note: never tell your kids that they are going to get injections before hand). when I got back on Friday night, they spent considerable amount of time trying to get us to change our minds and skip this party! FUTILITY.

Where was I? oh yes, injection party. My oldest decided not to go first, so we got DiYann to go. I tell you, in 5 seconds, it was over.... 1 stab on the right arm, and 2 successive quick ones on the left. My daughter didn't even cry, scream... just looked a bit stunned that it was all over so fast.

My youngest went next... he did say "ouch" during the 2nd jab... but was smiley after that.
[my daughter was bit boastful, saying how she wanted more... bah!]
Well, my oldest went next.... froze, panicked, I grabbed hold, 2 jabs... and well... in case he ever reads my blog... let's just say that his reaction was unique. it's been quite a long time since we brought him for any injections.

[FLASH BACK! I immediately remembered some 8 years back. The first time we brought him to see the local Indon Paed, a Dr. Boy, he was ok. Stunned he was, when he got the first jab, the next visits... he really had the same fear/panic of needles.]

Anyway, we all had a good laugh, after it was over, with a sore left arm, and us covered with plasters.

Oh, we ended the party with a visit to Richard (see previous post), who was also at TTSH. Gracie had "invited" me a few days back to go visit, so I thot that since I was already there, and our kids have all been praying for him - it'll be good for them to see for themselves how God works!

When I got there, I heard Richard asking the doctor - so can I go home now? I nearly laughed. the doctor declined his request gently - wonder why.
But it was really nice to see him - reading newspaper, watching tv. He spoke pretty normally, with a slight swelling on his left head. My kids were surprisingly well behaved (i half feared that they would ask something really stupid/insensitive). We prayed together again, and left him to rest.

How God is so good. What a miracle of miracles... right before our very eyes. He is scaled down version of Lazarus, with all glory to God as God snatched him from the jaws of death. God indeed has a plan for him, a plan that would bring God even more glory.
We take our lives for granted - a good reminder that we are all on leasehold, with the tenancy agreement able to be expire at any notice.

Let us then live our lives, as how we shoud live - with God as God of our lives, and we as his children.

ARE YOU READY TO MEET GOD?
Better get your act together.
Don't wait for the eleventh hour, coz God could have arranged an appointment with you at half past ten.

No comments: