Sunday 15 June 2008

be careful what you ask God for - you may actually get it!

The leadership in church wanted us to work on our prayer, so God gave us Richard Chiam during church camp (5-9 June 08) to prayer for... lots and lots of prayer.

Richard, whom we just had over for dinner before church camp, was suffering from a headache for abt 2 weeks. On Friday, he went over to the medical center for a check up, after a 2 hr observation, he was sent back with some medication.
He took a nap after lunch, but when Gracie (wife) went to him at about 4pm, he couldn't be woken! Off to hospital, CT scan and doctors find a blood clot in his brain.

Elder Adrian (alsoa gynae) broke the news to us all before night talk (abt 700 of us). I was stunned, and I found myself fighting back the tears. But we prayed, all 700 of us. We even rostered to pray through the night - I decided to do the unthinkable, and wrote my name down for the 3.30-4.30am slot. Thankfully, my wife agreed, and we actually set alarm, work up and prayed for 1 hour!

We really prayed at every opportunity - each morning, each evening, each bible study, each update on Richard. And I felt that we glimpsed at what heaven will be like!
I thank God for the opportunities to pray, I never prayed so much, and even with mom each time! That was a miracle in itself (an opportunity to prayer lots with my mom).

Well, we certainly met one of the objectives of the church leaders, God sure has his way of answering prayer, about prayer.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Amen.

No comments: