Tuesday 10 July 2007

Conversation with an Aunt

Aunt: U can't believe whatever A says

Me: [uh oh, decide to ignore comment]

Aunt: She's a liar

Me: Urm... I don't think so [feeling a bit offended]

Aunt: Why? You have to .....[Starts to lecture]

Me: erh, I don't want to talk about A [it gets me nowhere, and me upset!]

Aunt: But you have to listen to both sides of the story.... She is...

Me: I don't want to talk about her! [thinking that saying nothing is better than saying something and offending even more]

Aunt: Why.

Me: Because everytime any of u sisters talk about her, we always end up arguing...

Aunt: [changes topic slowly... but quite offended, as I learn]

sigh... didn't handle that too well. Somemore it was on the way to church Evangelistic service. Wife tells me that Aunt was offended at how I "exploded" [but I thot I remained calm throughout, and pretty happy at how I avoided a "hot" topic]. and that she could easily do that to me if I wanted to talk to her about Jesus "Just don't talk to me about God and Jesus!".

sigh... as usual, my wife was right in her rebuke, just takes me a while to swallow my pride, think abt it and admit it.

Colossians 4:2-6
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

No comments: