Monday 31 December 2018

The light at the end of the tunnel?

I don’t understand why the pond water level is still dropping? Need to stop bothering about it. I’ll look at it again after Summer School.

Back to the train otw to work.
I’ve realized that in my pain, I’ve not done my quiet time. Which I normally do on the train on work days. And this is God’s word to me

“Yet I am writing you a new command, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. The one who says he is in the light but hates his brother is in the darkness until now. The one who loves his brother remains in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:8-10‬ ‭HCSB‬‬

I feel like I am alone, in darkness. But it’s passing. I have full confidence in my salvation through Jesus. The true light is shining, and I pray that it will pierce my own darkness.

God wants me to forgive my dad. To love my dad as God loves us. Turn the other cheek. Do good even when the person does ‘evil’. I know it in my head. And deep down in my heart. I just have to obey. So I’ve swallowed my pride, wrote to my dad to say sorry. And that we’ll call him tomorrow.
We can’t control how others feeel- only how we respond.

God’s word is always true. He must be teaching me to trust and rely on him.
I don’t have a choice since I have no one to turn to. Only God.

I feel alone- but I am not.

No comments: