Friday 8 May 2015

Bank Calls

Like in most countries, I get these calls from banks trying to sell me something.

In Singapore, when I was (rarely) in the mood, I would entertain the caller.
I do remember one particular call, about 10 years back, the CSO proposed to me!
She offered me a small gift if I signed up, but I said that for me to sign up, it'll need be a bigger gift.... and she asked like what.. I said... how about a flat screen TV? 
Then she said that she'll have to marry me if she gave a TV?!!!!
And it was me who was then speechless....

Well, here in Indonesia, it almost always goes like this (with me)

CSO: (Bahasa) Are you [Name]? I am calling from [Bank]
Me: (Intentionally in English) Yes, how can I help you or sometimes, Yes, how can you help me?
CSO: (Broken English) Oh... Can you speak Indonesia (sp)?
Me: Can you speak in English?
CSO: No...
Me: Ok, thank you - bye. (hang up)



Yesterday, was a bit different.
After the usual verification, and my usual reply

CSO: (fumbles mike and passes to another person)
CSO2: Hello
Me:So what do you want?

CSO2: (quickly passes to another person)
CSO3: Hello...
Me: So, what do you want?
CSO3: (Confidently in English) Oh, I don't want anything...
Me: Ok good. Bye. 

They didn't call back.

No comments: