Saturday 21 September 2013

Happy Birthday?

After replying 100+ meaningful FB/SMS/BBM/Whatsapp happy birthday wishes, I must say that I take absolutely no credit in being born. All credits go to my parents *duh*..... and God, for the miracle of birth. So please go wish my parents (dad) a happy 42 years since the birthday of his son.

Ok, still being alive after 42 years, that... I can take some credit for.
So maybe people should wish - happy being alive for 42 years.

So why are birthdays happy? I guess when you are young(er), you look forward to certain milestones, being a teenager, sweet 16, 18 so that you can drive, 21 as an adult.

Then its all downhill after! Each year/decade that passes, means that our bodies are that much weaker, things start to creak, joints ache, you watch what you eat, watch out for high cholesterol, you aren't as fit as before.

Maybe we should greet each other - oh, so sorry another year has passed - my condolences. Clock's ticking, tick tock.

See, when you get to my age, you start rambling :p
Happy Birthday indeed.


No comments: